Over the past year, the COVID-19 pandemic has created a great deal of uncertainty and stress. It is therefore very important that we take care of our own mental health. But how exactly do we do that? One of the ways that can help improve mental health is yoga.
Yoga is an old practice to improve health and increase the awareness of your body and mind. The origins of yoga may be thousands of years old, but today yoga is more popular than ever. On the occasion of the International Yoga Day on June 21, 2021, we would like to introduce you to the power of (tele)yoga.
The power of yoga cannot be underestimated. Numerous benefits for the mind and body can be associated with the practice of yoga. For example, yoga can reduce stress and anxiety, which consequently also reduces the risk of stress-related disorders. Just think of diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease ... In addition, scientific literature shows that yoga has a positive impact on sleep quality. This is accompanied by a better quality of life, better well-being, and better psychosocial functioning.
A new standard: teleyoga
The popularity of yoga has increased significantly in recent years. However, several real-life yoga sessions were halted by the COVID-19 pandemic over the past year. But thanks to current technology, it is possible to give this age-old philosophy a modern guise, more specifically in the form of teleyoga. And what is teleyoga? Simple! Yoga over the internet. This modern form of yoga can be associated with several benefits.
- Teleyoga offers the possibility to choose where and when you follow the yoga session.
- Teleyoga is an effective and feasible way to improve the well-being of the individual.
- The effectiveness of teleyoga has also been demonstrated in relation to several specific conditions, including chronic pain, heart failure and COPD.
- The level of satisfaction and health benefits of teleyoga are as good as real-life yoga sessions.
- Teleyoga lowers the threshold for people for whom real-life yoga sessions are less accessible.
By the way, did you know that we offer the possibility to follow yoga classes online wherever and whenever you want? More information can be found at www.yogametevy.com.